The VAT Exemptions course covers the question: ‘Which transactions are exempt from VAT and what the conditions for exemptions to apply are?’
Having studied this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what an exemption is.
- State what an exemption may mean for the principle of tax neutrality in the supply chain.
- Identify the position of the exemptions in the structure of the VAT Directive.
- Describe the role of Member States concerning the options given to them in the VAT Directive.
- Identify the different types of exemption, with particular regard to the right of deduction.